Lee Chaix McDonough
Founder, Coach With Clarity
Lee Chaix McDonough is the founder of Coach With Clarity, where women in helping professions discover how to combine their talents, experience, and intuition with a powerful coaching methodology, so they can create a flexible, meaningful business that serves their people and supports their families — without selling their souls..
She is also the host of the Coach with Clarity podcast and author of the #1 Amazon bestseller, ACT On Your Business: Braving the storms of entrepreneurship and creating success through meaning, mindset, and mindfulness.
After over a decade as a clinical social worker and public health professional, Lee became credentialed as a coach through the International Coach Federation (ICF) and now provides ICF-accredited initial training and continuing education for intuitive, innovative coaches.
Her Coach with Clarity framework fuses meaning, mindset, and mindfulness with grounded intuition and solid business strategy to help coaches and clients excel at entrepreneurship and transform their lives.
She holds the ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credential, and the Board Certified Coach (BCC) credential from the Center for Credentialing and Education.
Lee is a proud alumna of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she received her Bachelor of Arts, Master of Social Work, and Master of Science in Public Health degrees.
Prior to founding Coach with Clarity, she worked in a variety of professional settings, including hospitals, local governments, non-profit organizations, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and as a civilian for the United States Air Force.
Lee lives in North Carolina with her husband, two sons, and her pug Phineas.
- Busting Mindset Myths // Modern Lightworkers – November 16, 2021
- Becoming a Certified Life Coach with Lee Chaix McDonough // Pep Talks for Side Hustlers – November 10, 2021
- The Secrets Behind the Modern Coaching Industry // Right on Time Podcast with Amber McCue – November 4, 2021
- How She Used Coaching Techniques in Her Service-Based Business with Lee Chaix McDonough // How She Did That – July 29, 2021
- Using Coaching Calls to Grow Your Podcast and Business with Lee Chaix McDonough // Podcasting for Coaches – April 2, 2021
- Making Untraditional Twists with Lee Chaix McDonough // Career Clarity – March 16, 2021
- Incorporating Coaching Into Your Consulting // Let's Get Stabby – February 18, 2021
- The 3 Ms of Entrepreneurship with Lee McDonough – Uplevel Your Biz Podcast – February 16, 2021
- Transitioning from Therapy to Coaching // Success is Complicated – February 1, 2021
- How to use coaching principles to provide better outcomes for clients as a freelancer – with Lee Chaix McDonough // Scale Your Freelancing Podcast – January 8, 2021
- Wondering If You Need a Business Coach? Hit Play! // The Workshop Weekly – December 30, 2020
- Success Through Meaning, Mindset, and Mindfulness with Lee Chaix McDonough // Authoring Life – October 20, 2020
- Scare-cited and the 3 Ms with Lee Chaix McDonough // Things That Keep Us Up At Night – October 14, 2020
- Coaching vs Therapy with Lee Chaix McDonough // Supportive SuperVision – September 20, 2020
- The Coach with Clarity // Millennial Wisdom – July 24, 2020
- Bubbles and Biz with Lee Chaix McDonough // Bubbles and Biz – July 7, 2020
- Can Too Much Empathy Be a Bad Thing? with Lee Chaix McDonough // Unapologetically Sensitive – June 16, 2020
- Why It's Okay to Start Over With Your Podcast // Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs – June 11, 2020
- Social Media for Coaches with Lee Chaix McDonough // Savvy Social Podcast – June 9, 2020
- Should You Pivot to a Life Coaching Career with Lee Chaix McDonough // Second Breaks – May 7, 2020
- Become A Coach With Clarity With Lee Chaix McDonough // The Therapy Show with Lisa Mustard – May 6, 2020
- How Therapists Can Transition into a Successful Coaching Practice // Private Practice Elevation – April 27, 2020
- Launching a Membership Through a Summit // Summit Host Hangout – January 28, 2020
- Meaning, Mindset, and Mindfulness // Your Soul Is Knocking – December 4, 2019
- Sharing Your Story in a Book: Lee Chaix McDonough // Write Publish Market – October 8, 2019
- The Art of Coaching // Empathy Rising – August 19, 2019
- Career Change: Embracing Your New Identity // Second Breaks – August 9, 2019
- How to use intuition to get through mindset blocks and grow a successful business // Scaling Deep – August 5, 2019
- A Journey in Imperfect Allyship // Pause on the Play – June 25, 2019
- Meaning, Mindset, and Mindfulness (on the REAL Days) // The Thriving Creative – June 20, 2019
- You Are Enough // Trust Your Body Project – June 11, 2019
- How to Bring Mindfulness Into the Entrepreneurial Journey // Selling the Couch – May 9, 2019
- Generating $17K Through Group Programs // Courage & Clarity – April 15, 2019
- Active vs Passive Manifestation: The Power of Discernment & Getting to Know Your Intuition & What You Want // Soul In The Raw – March 4, 2019
- CEO in 10 with Lee Chaix McDonough // Life’s Lessons – February 19, 2019
- Create More Harmony In Your Life so You Can Have a Business You Love // Book Your Dream Clients Podcast – February 4, 2019
- Counseling or Coaching? // The Abundant Practice Podcast – August 15, 2018
- The Trick to Turning Kindness and Compassion Inward //Your Confident Self – February 1, 2018
- Mindfulness and Entrepreneurship // Process to Profitability, February 1, 2018
- Podcasting is Freaking Hard – And We Love It // She Podcasts Live! – October 15, 2021
- Co-Creating Transformational and Evolving Results with Your Founding Members // Profitable Membership Summit – September 21, 2021
- Practitioner Development with Responsibility and Safety // Intuitive You Summit – May 14, 2022
- Braving the Storms of Entrepreneurship // The Purpose-Driven Entrepreneur Summit – March 22, 2022
- Onboarding: Focusing on the “One” within the One-to-Many Model // Profitable Membership Summit – February 24, 2021
- Creating Safe Spaces for POC in Your Communities // The Hill Roundtables – February 23, 2021
- Growing Your Visibility Through the Power of Podcasts // Nonfiction Writers Conference – May 8, 2020
- Teleseminar: How to Get Booked as a Guest on Podcasts // Nonfiction Authors Association – February 26, 2020
- Teleseminar: The Business of Therapy: Create, grow, and love your client-centered therapy practice // National Association of Social Workers, North Carolina Chapter – October 9, 2018
- Business Planning and Marketing for Therapists // 2018 Clinical Social Work Institute, National Association of Social Workers, North Carolina Chapter
- Coaching 101: What Clinicians Need to Know About Coaches and Coaching // 2017 Clinical Social Work Institute, National Association of Social Workers, North Carolina Chapter
- “10 Women Wellness Entrepreneurs Share Strategies to Optimize Our Mental and Emotional Well-Being” // Entrepreneur, December 6, 2019
- “To optimize your mental wellness disconnect from the ‘shoulds’” // Authority Magazine, November 3, 2019
- “How to Increase Your Energy When You Always Feel Sluggish” // Bustle, July 29, 2019
- “How a Game of Tug-of-War changed my view of Unhappiness” // elephant journal, August 30, 2016
- “How I spoke to my 9-year-old son about sexual assault and white privilege” // Salon, June 12, 2016
As Featured On: