Once we understand the role that emotions play in our decision-making process, we can start to develop a stronger sense of agency around the decisions we make. That's one of the key takeaways today's guest, Dr. Aprilia West, shares in her latest book, What You Feel Is Not All There Is.
Once we understand the role that emotions play in our decision-making process, we can start to develop a stronger sense of agency around the decisions we make.
That’s one of the key takeaways today’s guest, Dr. Aprilia West, shares in her latest book, What You Feel Is Not All There Is.
As a psychologist, coach, trainer, author, and prosocial imagineer, Dr. Aprilia West brings 20+ years of experience working with Fortune 500 companies, U.S. Members of Congress, entertainment industry executives and creatives, tech founders, and global non-profit advocacy campaigns applying contextual behavioral science and positive psychology to maximize wellbeing and peak performance.
I’ve known April for a few years and I’m so thrilled to welcome her to the show today. One of the things that brought us together is our love of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and how we’ve incorporated its principles into our work and everyday lives.
After devouring What You Feel Is Not All There Is in one sitting, I knew that her take on this would be something I had to share with you. I believe this book should be on the shelves of every therapist and coach so definitely check it out after you listen to this conversation. Enjoy the episode!
- April’s career journey
- The important role that writing has played throughout April’s life
- Understanding the noise and signal that make up our emotional world
- Breaking down April’s Emotion Efficacy model
- Recognizing that all emotions are valid and deciphering the message they’re sharing
- The four basic skills of Emotion Efficacy training
- How coaches can incorporate Emotion Efficacy into their work
- Dr. Aprilia West’s Latest Book | What You Feel Is Not All There Is: Free your choices and your life from the default world of the emotional matrix
- Dr. Aprilia West’s Website
- Dr. Aprilia West on Instagram
- Dr. Aprilia West’s Emotion Efficacy Training
- Dr. Aprilia West’s Books
- Coach with Clarity Mastermind Application
- Coach with Clarity Podcast Facebook Group
- Coach with Clarity Collective Waitlist
- Connect with Me on Instagram
- Email Me: email@example.com
Now it’s time for you to show the world what it means to be a Coach with Clarity! Screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @coachwithclarity and let me know what you’re more excited to explore in future podcast episodes!
* * * * * *
Well, hello, my friend. Welcome to the Coach with Clarity Podcast. My name is Lee Chaix McDonough, I'm your host and today I am so thrilled to welcome my guest, Dr. Aprilia West. So I've known April for a few years now. And one of the things that brought us together is our shared love of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. And each of us have taken the fundamental principles of ACT and incorporated them into our work and our lives in very unique ways. April has created an entire approach called Emotion Efficacy Training or EET. And she just published her most recent book, which is really designed to help all of us better understand our emotions, where they come from, why they happen, and how they inform our behaviors. And with her EET protocol, she shows us how we can develop a stronger sense of agency around the decisions we make, once we understand the role of emotions play in our thoughts and in our decision making process. Her book is called What You Feel Is Not All There Is. And let me tell you, I devoured it. Seriously, I read it in one sitting while I was on a plane ride home, and I couldn't get enough. I knew that April's take on this would be something new and important and definitely something I wanted to share with you. That's why I am so honored to introduce you to Dr. Aprilia West and share our conversation with you.
* * * * * * *