It's time for the latest installment of the Back-to-Basics series. This time we're revisiting the topic of how to connect with your audience to promote your services. In this episode, the role our mindset plays when it comes to getting hung up on sales, how we confuse being salesy with sleazy, how to be more salesy without compromising your ethics, and more.
Show NotesIt’s time for the latest installment of the Back-to-Basics series. This time we’re revisiting the topic of how to connect with your audience to promote your services. In this episode, the role our mindset plays when it comes to getting hung up on sales, how we confuse being salesy with sleazy, how to be more salesy without compromising your ethics, and more.
- What is sleazy promotion?
- My own experience with someone who tried to use aggressive and sleazy sales tactics on me
- The key thing to remember when you’re selling your products or services
- Why it’s important that you stay connected to your values before and during the sales process
- An example of how I keep my values in mind while selling
- The strategy I use and recommend for building relationships with your potential clients
- How to get your potential clients to like you
- How to build a bond of trust with your potential clients
- A case study of how I’ve used this strategy to cultivate relationships with my audience
- Coach with Clarity | Episode 47: Visibility Strategies to Grow Your Business
- Coach with Clarity | Episode 175: [BACK TO BASICS] Finding Your Ideal Clients
- The Powerful Coaching Session Guide
- Coach with Clarity Membership
- My Private Coaching Services
- Coach with Clarity Podcast Facebook Group
- From Therapy to Coaching Facebook Group
- Coach with Clarity on Instagram
- Coach with Clarity on Facebook
- My Book | ACT On Your Business: Braving the storms of entrepreneurship and creating success through meaning, mindset, and mindfulness
TRANSCRIPTWell, hello, my friend. Welcome to the Coach with Clarity podcast. As always, this is Lee Chaix McDonough, your intrepid host. And we are now several weeks into the Back to Basics series here on the podcast. So if you've been listening, you know that we are taking a little trip down nostalgia lane and returning to some of the very first episodes I created for the Coach with Clarity podcast. When I started the show, I knew that most of my clients and most of my would-be listeners wanted support in knowing what to do to build a coaching practice. And many of my listeners and clients were just starting out. So we went step by step over the course of about a dozen episodes, to talk about how to lay the foundation for a strong practice. And this episode that I'm about to share with you from April of 2020, is all about how to connect with your audience to promote your services. Now, at the end of the excerpt I'm about to share with you, I'm going to come back and talk a little bit more about what I might have added to this episode or what I might have emphasized or even changed had I re-recorded it today in 2023. I'm confident that you will find this episode to be incredibly helpful for your coaching practice, and do stick around until the very end because I do have a couple things that I'm going to add to the conversation, things that I might have done a little differently today. And I would love to know your thoughts. So let's hop right into it and join me for this conversation all about how to connect with your audience and promote your services.
* * * * * * *