What's in a name? When it comes to your coaching business, a lot! In fact, one of the most common questions I get from new coaches is how to name their business. Should they use their own name, or come up with something catchy?
What's in a name?
When it comes to your coaching business, a lot!
In fact, one of the most common questions I get from new coaches is how to name their business. Should they use their own name, or come up with something catchy?
Today’s episode was inspired by one of the women who recently participated in my Business Basics for Coaches workshop, who asked me about naming her business. I realized I have a ton to share about this so, I thought today I would kick things off with a story about my experience naming my business and offers as a new coach and all the mistakes I made along the way to Coach with Clarity.
I'm going to walk you step by step through each one of my errors and my suggestions for what you can do instead so that you can choose a name that works. And for my experienced coaches who already have a business name that isn’t quite right? Not to worry, I’ve been there, and I’ve got you covered too! If you can learn from my mistakes, I am happy to share them with you.
- How I started my coaching journey
- Why I didn’t name my business after myself
- The meaning behind the name Caravel Coaching
- How I came up with the names for my first coaching packages
- The huge problem with my initial approach to naming my business
- How you can avoid my me-focused naming error
- The naming strategy that will help to pre-sell your ideal clients on working with you
- Why my brand pivoted into Coach with Clarity
- The power of being clear and concise
- How changing my package names helped my business to grow
- One question to ask yourself to test the clarity of the names you choose
- How to think big when naming your business and your offers
- Why it’s not too late to make a change if you’re not aligned with your business name
- Coach with Clarity | Episode 6: Creating Your Coaching Offer
- My Live Business Basics for Coaches Workshop
- Coach with Clarity Membership
- Coach with Clarity Podcast Facebook Group
- Connect with Me on Instagram
- Email Me: email@example.com
Now it’s time for you to show the world what it means to be a Coach with Clarity! Screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @coachwithclarity and let me know what you’re more excited to explore in future podcast episodes!
* * * * * *
Discover your Coaching Superpower! Go to https://coachingquiz.com to learn more about your strengths – and what to look out for – as a coach.
Want to work together? Become a Coach with Clarity Member today!
Well, hey there friend. Welcome back to another episode of the Coach with Clarity podcast. My name is Lee Chaix McDonough, and this episode is a really cool one because it was inspired by you! Actually, it was inspired by one of the women who recently participated in my Business Basics for Coaches workshop. I'll tell you a little bit more about that later.
But one of her questions to me was, how did you name your business? Or really, how should I name my business? And I thought to myself, Oh, my goodness, I have so much to say on this topic, in large part because I made so many mistakes early in my business when it came to naming my business and naming my programs.
So I thought today, I would kick things off with a story about how I evolved into Coach with Clarity as my business and brand name, and all of the mistakes I made along the way, and actually highlight the three errors I made that I would love for you to avoid when it comes to naming your business or your programs. Again, if you can learn from my mistakes, I am happy to share them with you, and my hope is that by the end of today's episode, you will have additional clarity around how to approach naming your business, naming any of the programs or offerings you provide, and how to really step into this name as your brand identity.