Anchoring your business in your ideal client is not a good idea. When I just started my coaching practice, I was convinced that corporate coaching would be my path to long-lasting success. After all, when I looked at what other successful coaches were doing, that seemed to be the common thread.
Anchoring your business outside of yourself is not a good idea.
When I just started my coaching practice, I was convinced that corporate coaching would be my path to long-lasting success. After all, when I looked at what other successful coaches were doing, that seemed to be the common thread.
One year later, I was miserable and I knew something had to change.
In the years since, I've learned some critical lessons about where I went wrong when I just started out, the importance of alignment, and how to make business decisions that are anchored within yourself.
In this episode, I'm sharing my origin story, the mistakes I made along the way, and the guiding principles you can use to figure out where to focus your energy when you're starting your coaching business.
If you already have a coaching business, there's something here for you too. These concepts are relevant throughout the lifespan of your business and I find that I come back to them again and again as I grow.
Regardless of whether you are just starting out or you've been doing this for a while, I think you will find great value in today's show.
- Why I started my coaching business with a corporate coaching specialty
- How fear motivated most of my decisions in my early coaching career
- The problem with anchoring your business decisions outside of yourselff
- Shifting your perspective on branding and visual identity
- Finding the courage to be yourself in your business
- The value of getting clear on your true north
- Five questions to ask yourself before launching your new coaching business or offering
- The path forward to a sustainable, prosperous coaching practice
- FREE Masterclass | The One Tool You Need to Create a Sustainable, Prosperous Coaching Practice (Without The Overwhelm!)
- Coach with Clarity | Episode 17: How To Name Your Business
- Coach with Clarity | Episode 78: [The Three M’s] Meaning: It’s More Than Just Values
- My Book | ACT On Your Business: Braving the storms of entrepreneurship and creating success through meaning, mindset, and mindfulness
- Cerries Mooney's Website
- Coach with Clarity Collective Waitlist
- Coach with Clarity Podcast Facebook Group
- Connect with Me on Instagram
- Email Me: email@example.com
Now it’s time for you to show the world what it means to be a Coach with Clarity! Screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @coachwithclarity and let me know what you’re more excited to explore in future podcast episodes!
* * * * * *
Grow Your Coaching Practice! Go from idea to income in 90 days or less with the free Coach with Clarity Business Blueprint!
Want to work together? Become a Coach with Clarity Member today!
Well, hello my friend. Welcome to the Coach with Clarity Podcast. My name is Lee Chaix McDonough. And I'm so happy you are joining me today. We are going to talk about something incredibly important, possibly one of the most important things we could cover on the show – which is exactly what to do when you are starting up your coaching business. Now, if you already have a coaching business, if you have been doing this for years, I encourage you to listen in because some of the concepts we are covering are relevant throughout the lifespan of your business. The principles I'm going to talk about and the questions I'm going to ask are things that I come back to again, over and over in my business. And honestly, they are the things I wish I had considered when I was first starting out. I'm actually going to share my origin story, if you will, about how my coaching business came to be and all of the mistakes I made along the way. It makes me a little nervous to talk about but, if I can share my story and point out the things that in hindsight, I wish I had done differently. If I can do that and it serves you in your journey then it will all be worth it. So regardless of whether you are just starting out and exploring moving into the coaching profession, or whether you've been doing this for a while I think you will find great value in today's show.
* * * * * * *