There's no more important topic for coaches and business owners than ethics. Our ethical code provides us with guidelines for how we engage with clients, colleagues, and everyone with whom we are establishing a relationship. Sadly, there are tons of examples out there of questionable, if not downright unethical, business practices.
There’s no more important topic for coaches and business owners than ethics.
Our ethical code provides us with guidelines for how we engage with clients, colleagues, and everyone with whom we are establishing a relationship.
Sadly, there are tons of examples out there of questionable, if not downright unethical, business practices. That's why today we’re exploring what ethics are, what it means to be an ethical coach, and key considerations to keep in mind whenever we’re engaging with others in our coaching business.
- How the International Coaching Federation (ICF) supports coaches when it comes to ethics
- Acknowledging that ethics is not a black and white subject
- Getting clear on what we mean when we talk about ethics
- Connecting ethics with our core values
- What it means to practice ethical behavior
- Why self-awareness is critical
- Understanding your responsibility to professionalism
- The distinction between legal and ethical
- Doing good versus avoiding bad
- Breaking down the ICF Core Competencies
- International Coaching Federation Code of Ethics
- International Coaching Federation Core Competencies
- Santa Clara University Article | What is Ethics?
- International Coaching Federation Core Values
- Coach with Clarity | Episode 78: [The Three M’s] Meaning: It’s More than Just Values
- My Book | ACT On Your Business: Braving the storms of entrepreneurship and creating success through meaning, mindset, and mindfulness
- My Coaching Quiz | Discover Your Coaching Style
- Coach with Clarity Membership
- Coach with Clarity Podcast Facebook Group
- Connect with Me on Instagram
- Email Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now it’s time for you to show the world what it means to be a Coach with Clarity! Screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @coachwithclarity and let me know what you’re more excited to explore in future podcast episodes!
* * * * * *
Well hello, my friend. Welcome to the Coach with Clarity Podcast. My name is Lee Chaix McDonough, and I am so excited to have you here with me today as we dive into a very important topic in the coaching profession and really not just the online business space, but in business in general. Today, we are going to talk about business ethics. When it comes to being a coach and a business owner, I don't think there's a more critical topic for us to be discussing than ethics, because ethics really provides us with some guidance around how to engage with potential clients, current clients, former clients, colleagues, really anyone with whom we are establishing a relationship. And the sad truth is that there are plenty of online business owners and coaches who are employing some less than ethical tactics in their business model. Sadly, there are tons of examples out there of what I consider to be questionable, if not downright unethical business practices. And so, that's why today I want to spend just a little bit of time exploring what ethics are, what it means to be an ethical coach, and some key considerations that we should be keeping in mind whenever we are engaging with other people in the context of our coaching business.
* * * * * * *